NATURAL REMEDIES | HEADACHES
I don’t like destroying my liver with pills to ‘relieve’ the pain. I prefer to use a natural way to get ‘rid’ of the headache.
Headaches can be caused by a variety of things. Tension headaches can caused by anxiety, nervous tension, eyestrain, poor posture, or tight muscles in the shoulders or neck. Migraines area a different story and much more painful because they’re caused by an expansion of blood vessels in the head.
Headaches can also be caused by colds and the flu, allergies, PMS, and digestive problems. Weird huh?
1. Herbal tea for tension headaches - Ginger decreases the production of pain-causing chemicals in the body. Chamomile and linden are mild relaxants that help ease emotional and physical tension.
1 cup of water (250ml)
1 teaspoon fresh chopped ginger root
1 teaspoon dried chamomile
1 teaspoon dried linden
Simple to make: Simmer the ginger in the water in a covered pot for five minutes. Remove from heat. Add the chamomile and linden and steep for 10 minutes. Strain, sweeten the tea if desired, and drink it hot.
2. Migraines! - If you feel a migraine coming on, mix a third of a teaspoon of powdered ginger into a glass of water and drink it. The properties in ginger halt the migraine attack because of it’s anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving compounds.
Relaxation is key. Try a hot bath, an aromatherapy compress with lavender and marjoram essential oil (eases physical and mental stress) - take a washcloth with a few drops of essential oils and placed on the head for 30 minutes, or a hot footbath for 15 minutes.
The hot water dilates the blood vessels and increases the blood flow to the feet, while a cold washcloth placed on your forehead and temples constricts blood vessels in the head, reducing the volume of blood flow and thereby reducing pain.
- dripfromthesun likes this
- yukorainbow reblogged this from sapphireoak
- carmenviola likes this
- kittykatkatie678 reblogged this from thelittleherbgarden
- yourcelestialkisses reblogged this from sapphireoak
- mkayitschance likes this
- kalopsiawitch reblogged this from novas-witchin-in-the-kitchen
- livethedreampotato likes this
- faeline likes this
- clannorris reblogged this from sapphireoak
- ravecccaa reblogged this from sapphireoak
- spiritmap reblogged this from sapphireoak
- devlin-ember reblogged this from sacred-cottage
- aednats likes this
- witchyguy likes this
- la-russe-rousse likes this
- finejustbitter reblogged this from novas-witchin-in-the-kitchen
- finejustbitter likes this
- dogsnames likes this
- silent--chaos likes this
- ffeelicks reblogged this from bambi-syndrome
- ffeelicks likes this
- lirilainatural reblogged this from alpha-doge
- bambi-syndrome reblogged this from alpha-doge
- duweisstnichts likes this
- alpha-doge reblogged this from the-darkest-of-lights
- the-darkest-of-lights reblogged this from goddess29
- holdasown reblogged this from goddess29 and added:
- kalopsiawitch likes this
- jollygabi likes this
- goddess29 reblogged this from novas-witchin-in-the-kitchen
- afrocentricnerdie likes this
- yodo5 likes this
- denissa23 likes this
- n3lit0 reblogged this from gigglesandanixi
- redamancer likes this
- gigglesandanixi reblogged this from novas-witchin-in-the-kitchen
- novas-witchin-in-the-kitchen reblogged this from sacred-cottage
- insanitywhispers likes this
- zentheos likes this
- kazukumado likes this
- forestsofsouls reblogged this from white-lace-and-sugar-skulls
- ceilingdweller reblogged this from sacred-cottage
- swords-and-fjords likes this
- delryns likes this
- makemefeellike-paradise reblogged this from sacred-cottage
- starofavalon likes this